Today I reveal my weekly NFL power rankings heading into week 10 of the 2016 season. I will take into account everything I know about these teams, and give heavy consideration to what was displayed on the field so far this season. This gives an accurate assessment of where teams are at in my opinion.
This Week's Rankings
1. New England Patriots - (1 last week)
They come out of their bye as the team to beat in the league. Can anybody derail them?
2. Dallas Cowboys - (2 - last week)
The quarterback situation is clouding the fact that the defense has improved a lot this season. Rod Marinelli has done a nice job.
3. Oakland Raiders - (5 - last week)
That big, physical offensive line can control defenses. That makes it easier on the entire team.
4. Atlanta Falcons - (4 - last week)
With that offense, they will be tough to beat every week. They do face a tough test at Philadelphia this week.
5. Kansas City Chiefs - (7 - last week)
It wasn't pretty against Jacksonville, but they found a way. They need Alex Smith back quickly.
6. Seattle Seahawks - (9 - last week)
They pulled one out against the Bills, but now face a tough road trip to New England to face the NFL's best team. The defense has to be better than against the Bills.
7. New York Giants - (14 - last week)
Eli Manning and the offense got it going against the Eagles and they are 5-3 because of it. Up next is a tough game with the Bengals.
8. Denver Broncos - (3 Last week)
The injuries on defense hurt them at Oakland, but now they face a tough turnaround going to New Orleans to face a revived Saints team.
9. Houston Texans - (11 - last week)
They are the class of the AFC South right now. That's not saying much.
10. Washington Redskins - (10 - last week)
They come out of their bye with an important home game against the Vikings. Not having left tackle Trent Williams will make that tougher to face that defense.
11. Minnesota Vikings - (8 - last week)
The fast start seems like a long time ago after three consecutive losses. The offense is horrible.
12. Detroit Lions - (16 - last week)
They are smack in the middle of the division race after beating Minnesota on Sunday. Jim Caldwell is off the hot seat -- for now.
13. Green Bay Packers - (6 - last week)
At 4-4, they hardly look like a Super Bowl contender at the halfway point of the season. They also face three straight road games coming up next.
14. New Orleans Saints - (17 - last week)
That offense continues to be dynamic with Drew Brees and they ran it well last week. They are 4-4 with the Broncos coming to New Orleans.
15. Miami Dolphins - (19 - last week)
The running game has this team at 4-4. Adam Gase has done a heck of a job.
16. Baltimore Ravens - (20 - last week)
They are back to looking impressive on defense. That's what has them in first place in the division.
17. Philadelphia Eagles - (12 - last week)
Two road losses the past two weeks has this team reeling. Now they face a good Atlanta team at home.
18. Pittsburgh Steelers - (13 - last week)
Ben Roethlisberger didn't look right against the Ravens. Will he be right this week against the Cowboys?
19. Buffalo Bills - (16 - last week)
They fought in Seattle, but the reality is they've lost three consecutive games. Their season is going downhill fast.
20. Tennessee Titans - (18 - last week)
They turned it over at San Diego, which they can't afford with their style of play. Even so, they are still in the AFC South race.
21. Cincinnati Bengals - (22 - last week)
They had a tough schedule before their bye, and it softens some in the second half. They are still in the race, even with the slow start.
22. Carolina Panthers - (25 - last week)
They've won two straight games, and it's been the defense that's keyed it. Can they now get on a roll?
23. San Diego Chargers - (26 - last week)
They've had a lot of injuries, but at 4-5 they won't go away. They face a tough challenge for the defense when the Miami
24. Arizona Cardinals - (21 - last week)
They just haven't looked right so far. Maybe the bye was good for them last week. Can they get that offense back on track?
25. Indianapolis Colts - (28 - last week)
That win at Green Bay could be the thing that gets this team going. They just haven't been able to stack up wins this season.
26. Los Angeles Rams - (24 - last week)
Get it over with and please put Jared Goff in the lineup. It makes no sense not to do so.
27. Chicago Bears - (27 - last week)
They need to use the rest of the season to decide if Jay Cutler is their guy next year. He sure looked like it against Minnesota.
28. New York Jets - (23 - last week)
This season has gone bad quickly. Todd Bowles was considered a coaching star last year. Now? Not so much.
29. Jacksonville Jaguars - (29 - last week)
They competed against the Chiefs, which is a good sign. But this season is done.
30. Tampa Bay Bucs - (30 - last week)
They just don't have much talent on defense. That puts a lot of pressure on the offense to score.
31. San Francisco 49ers - (31 - last week)
They are horrendous on defense, which was once a calling card for this team. They can't stop anybody.
32. Cleveland Browns - (32 - last week)
So linebacker Christian Kirksey thinks they won't lose all 16 games. I do.