Today I reveal my weekly NFL power rankings heading into week 1 of the 2016 season. I will take into account everything I know about these teams, and give heavy consideration to what was displayed on the field so far this season. This gives an accurate assessment of where teams are at in my opinion.
This Week's Rankings
1. Denver Broncos - (6 Last week)
You know, I doubted this team, the defending Superbowl champions and now I feel dumb. They are number 1 until someone beats them Real defense in Denver.
2. New England Patriots - (7 last week)
Call me convinced. They went into Arizona and beat the Cards without there top weapons. Best coach for a reason. They jump way up on my power rankings. Impressive. No hater here.
3. Green Bay Packers - (3 - last week)
The Packers went on the road and defeated a very good up and coming Jags team. Rodgers was efficient and they will improve.
4. Seattle Seahawks - (2 - last week)
Tough gritty win at home and Russel may not be healthy. Only drop 2 spots because they didn't lose, but they struggled.
5. Pittsburgh Steelers - (9 - last week)
That offense looked great and it wasn't even at full strength. Good road win to start the season and they look dangerous.
6. Carolina Panthers - (1 - last week)
They went to Denver and lost to a rookie QB on opening night. The defense did not look great and the offense wasn't sharp in the second half. They have work to do.
7. Cincinnati Bengals - (8 - last week)
Good win over the Jets to open the season and in late game winning fashion. AJ Green is a monster.
8. Kansas City Chiefs - (5 - last week)
KC had the come back of all comebacks against the Chargers, but one must question why that defense was ripped apart like it was and put in such a hole. Shaky.
9. Houston Texans - (11 - last week)
Houston handled their business against a underwhelming Bears team. Brock looked like the QB they have been waiting for.
10. Arizona Cardinals - (4 - last week)
The Cardinals let Jimmy G come into their house and punk them. One has to believe they will bounce back quickly. Right?
11. New York Giants - (16 - last week)
The Giants pulled out a good division win in their home away from home, Cowboys Stadium in Arlington. LOL.
12. Baltimore Ravens - (15 - last week)
The Ravens defense looked impressive against the Bills last week and they will get another chance to shine vs Cleveland.
13. Minnesota Vikings - (20 - last week)
The defense won the game over the Titans in the second half last week and AP wasn't needed to pull this one out. This team may have many more games like that in its future.
14. Oakland Raiders - (21 - last week)
The Raiders traveled to New Orleans and pulled out a shootout victory over the Saints. That Raiders defense will need to step it up, or they will need to score 25 every week to win.
15. Tampa Bay Bucs - (23 - last week)
Winston looked like Cam Newton against the Falcons last week, throwing 4 Td's and leading the Bucs to a big division win.
16. New York Jets - (12 - last week)
They had a real shot to beat a good Bengals team, but lost a close one. This team will get better, and they will beat up the Bills on Thursday night.
17. Jacksonville Jaguars - (24 - last week)
They have to learn to win games like they lost to the Packers. Now they face a long, tough trip West to play the Chargers.
18. Detroit Lions - (27 - last week)
They rolled on offense against the Colts, but the defense had a rough go of it. They might play some high-scoring games this season.
19. Indianapolis Colts - (13 - last week)
Their defense is a major issue. That showed up in a big way against the Lions. Andrew Luck needs help.
20. Washington Redskins - (10 - last week)
All the talk has been about Kirk Cousins. I'm more concerned about the weapons around him and that O line. That defense was torched by the Steelers, and that will happen to many.
21. Philadelphia Eagles - (30 - last week)
They have to be thrilled with the way Carson Wentz started his career against the Browns. But it was the Browns....
22. Miami Dolphins - (25 - last week)
They into Seattle and gave them a dogfight. Now comes a tough road game at New England. What a tough two weeks!
23. Dallas Cowboys - (22 - last week)
Dak Prescott did some nice things against the Giants, but they got no production from the running game. I like enough of what I saw to know they will get better and win some ball games.
24. Atlanta Falcons - (14 - last week)
Atlanta's defense isn't very good. They just don't rush the passer well enough. Winston torched them all day.
25. Buffalo Bills - (17 - last week)
They have big problems which could lead to the firing of Rex Ryan. Defense isn't bad, but they can't score consistently.
26. San Francisco 49ers - (32 - last week)
That defense was impressive against the Rams. But let's see what happens against Cam Newton this week.
27. Tennessee Titans - (26 - last week)
The run game didn't work against the Vikings because of all the mistakes. They have to let Marcus Mariota become the focal point of the offense, then pound them once its loosened up.
28. San Diego Chargers - (29 - last week)
Is there a more snake bitten team in all of sports that the San Diego Chargers? Damn man. Can't stay healthy for nothing.
29. New Orleans Saints - (28 - last week)
The defense is so bad that Drew Brees throwing for more than 400 yards couldn't overcome it. They will be in a lot of wild games this season.
30. Chicago Bears - (19 - last week)
The Bears had their chances to win at Houston, but they just don't have the talent yet. The young players have to grow up.
31. Los Angeles Rams - (18 - last week)
That was disgusting against the 49ers. They need to play the kid. Put Jared Goff in the lineup. He couldn't be any worse.
32. Cleveland Browns - (31 - last week)
RG3 is on IR, but they weren't good with him. Same old song with the Browns. But good news, they got the Ravens this week, and they always play them tough.