Today I reveal my weekly NFL power rankings heading into week 3 of the 2016 season. I will take into account everything I know about these teams, and give heavy consideration to what was displayed on the field so far this season. This gives an accurate assessment of where teams are at in my opinion.
This Week's Rankings
1. Denver Broncos - (1 Last week)
The champs played well against Andrew Luck and the Colts, and that defense sealed the deal down the stretch. I like them until someone shows me they are not worthy of being number 1.
2. New England Patriots - (2 last week)
They are 2-0 without Tom Brady, but now must face the Texans with third-team quarterback Jacoby Brissett. That won't be easy.
3. Pittsburgh Steelers - (5 - last week)
The good news so far has been the improved play of the defense. It was rainy game last week, but they got it done against a tough division rival. Offense will get better. Scary.
4. Carolina Panthers - (6 - last week)
They will be explosive on offense and though they have the week 1 loss, I still think they are a top team. Shows you how great that Denver defense was opening night.
5. Minnesota Vikings - (20 - last week)
Without Adrian Peterson, things will be a lot tougher. But trading to get Sam Bradford looked like a great move last week against the Packers. I see trouble coming though.
6. Houston Texans - (9 - last week)
They won both home games, but now comes the real test, on the road against the Patriots. We will know a lot more about them by Friday morning.
7. New York Giants - (11 - last week)
At 2-0, their defense is carrying them to the fast start. It's really an improved, and that offense has weapons gallore.
8. Green Bay Packers - (3 - last week)
The Pack struggled in Minnesota and they let Sam Bradford throw to Diggs all night. I know they will get better.
9. Cincinnati Bengals - (8 - last week)
At 1-1, they finally get to play a home game this week. But it won't be easy. The Super Bowl champion Broncos come to town. Even without D. Ware, how do they block Von Miller?
10. Arizona Cardinals - (10 - last week)
They bounced back from their first loss with an impressive blowout of the Bucs. They now face a long road trip to Buffalo, but the Bills look like shit.
11. Baltimore Ravens - (12 - last week)
They are 2-0, but they beat a bad Bills team at home and the Browns on the road. That's not exactly mind blowing. A road game in Jacksonville will answer some questions.
12. Philadelphia Eagles - (21 - last week)
The rookie QB looks good, and the defense looks fast and aggressive. Now comes a real test against the Steelers.
13. Kansas City Chiefs - (8 - last week)
They could easily be 0-2 right now, but they also could be 2-0. I think this team will get better as the year goes on.
14. Seattle Seahawks - (4 - last week)
The offense has one touchdown in two games. One. The line isn't very good, but they need more from everybody.
15. New York Jets - (16 - last week)
They are off to a nice start with a big physical defense and a nice passing game. They might be better than many expected.
16. Dallas Cowboys - (23 - last week)
Dak Prescott is doing a heck of a job for Tony Romo. The best thing is that he's not turning it over. But the key is how that defense will be able to hold up.
17. Oakland Raiders - (14 - last week)
That loss to the Falcons was a bad one in their home opener. Their defense has been horrible.
18. Atlanta Falcons - (24 - last week)
A great bounce back win after getting smoked in week 1. Matt Ryan was fantastic.
19. Tennessee Titans - (27 - last week)
At 1-1, they need to give up the idea of being a power team and let Marcus Mariota do his thing. Pass to open up the run!!!
20. San Diego Chargers - (28 - last week)
Is there a more snake bitten team in all of sports that the San Diego Chargers? Damn man. Can't stay healthy for nothing.
21. Jacksonville Jaguars - (17 - last week)
Philip Rivers was on fire against the Jaguars. He will have to carry them again this season as the team continues to lose players game after game to injury.
22. Tampa Bay Bucs - (15 - last week)
They looked like a team playing a second straight road game against the Cardinals. But Winston can't turn the ball over that many time and hope to be a top QB in this league.
23. Washington Redskins - (20 - last week)
If there is really bickering going on among offensive players because of Kirk Cousins, this team is doomed. Because the defense is the real problem!!!
24. Detroit Lions - (18 - last week)
They could be 2-0, but blew it against the Titans late. Are they any good? Do we know?
25. Los Angeles Rams - (31 - last week)
They haven't scored a touchdown in two games. But they are 1-1. The offense isn't very good, but the defense stepped up.
26. Indianapolis Colts - (19 - last week)
Andrew Luck is a turnover machine. They have issues up front on offense and in a lot of places on defense. That's not good for the long run.
27. Miami Dolphins - (23 - last week)
They had a tough two-game stretch to open the season, which is why they are 0-2. Now they get a break and get the Browns at home.
28. San Francisco 49ers - (26 - last week)
That was a bit of reality in Carolina. But they did make it interesting in the fourth.
29. New Orleans Saints - (29 - last week)
The defense played well against the Giants, but the offense and special teams didn't. They are in a big hole at 0-2.
30. Buffalo Bills - (25 - last week)
Firing offensive coordinator Greg Roman won't fix things. They have major issues that start from the top.
31. Chicago Bears - (30 - last week)
Jay Cutler is perfect for this team. Smh. They were awful Monday night against the Eagles, and they suffered a bunch of big injury hits. It's going to be a long season.
32. Cleveland Browns - (32 - last week)
They competed against the Ravens, but blew a 20-point lead. That's because their defense isn't good enough, no matter who plays quarterback.