Today I reveal my weekly NFL power rankings heading into week 6 of the 2016 season. I will take into account everything I know about these teams, and give heavy consideration to what was displayed on the field so far this season. This gives an accurate assessment of where teams are at in my opinion.
This Week's Rankings
1. Minnesota Vikings - (2 - last week)
We have a new number 1 team this week, as the Viking are the leagues last unbeaten team, and the resume is impressive. Winning without much offense speaks volumes about the defense.
2. Denver Broncos - (1 Last week)
The Broncos lost at home to a very good Falcons team, but it must be acknowledged that the offense struggled without Trevor Siemian. They are still one of the best.
3. New England Patriots - (5 last week)
Tom Brady comes back, and this team is the best offense in the AFC, right off the bat. It was against the worst team in the league, but one has to think this will get better.
4. Green Bay Packers - (4 - last week)
They haven't really clicked on offense, and yet they are 3-1. They face a tough game with Dallas this week. This will be a statement game for either team.
5. Atlanta Falcons - (7 - last week)
That was an impressive road victory at Denver. The defense has been a lot better than people thought it would be and this week they travel to Seattle for a huge NFC match up. Huge!
6. Pittsburgh Steelers - (6 - last week)
With that offense, they will be a tough team to beat every week. Getting Le'Veon Bell back makes a big difference for the passing game.
7. Dallas Cowboys - (9 - last week)
They head to Green Bay to face the Packers, their first big-time road game. We will find out a lot about Dak Prescott.
8. Philadelphia Eagles - (3 - last week)
They lost for the first time, which means their bye came at a bad time. The defense didn't look as good against the Lions.
9. Seattle Seahawks - (8 - last week)
They come off their bye with the Falcons coming to town. That won't be easy. But they have the talent to slow that offense.
10. Oakland Raiders - (10 - last week)
They're 4-1, but they have some major defensive issues that need to be fixed. Luck was on their side the last two weeks against the Ravens and Chargers.
11. Washington Redskins - (17 - last week)
They've won three straight games to put their slow start in the rear-view mirror. They play a tough game with the Eagles this week.
12. Baltimore Ravens - (12 - last week)
After their fast start, they've dropped two tough home games to fall to 3-2 as they ready to face the Giants. Will firing Marc Trestman impact the offense?
13. Buffalo Bills - (19 - last week)
At 3-2, they've really turned their season around. LeSean McCoy is running wild and is a work horse.
14. Kansas City Chiefs - (15 - last week)
They come off their bye with a big division road game against the Raiders. They will look to rebound from that embarrassing lost to the Steelers two weeks ago.
15. Los Angeles Rams - (14 - last week)
At one point do they think about playing Jared Goff? They just aren't good enough with Case Keenum. That defense is on teh field way too often. What's up with Todd Gurley?
16. Houston Texans - (11 - last week)
Brock Osweiler was bad at Minnesota, But teh Vikings are a really good team. My question is, can they improve?
17. Cincinnati Bengals - (16 - last week)
Is Marvin Lewis in trouble if they don't get it going? It won't be easy to get it started at New England this week either.
18. Arizona Cardinals - (20 - last week)
They won without Carson Palmer last Thursday and now should have him back against the Jets and former coordinator Todd Bowles.
19. Carolina Panthers - (16 - last week)
Can you believe they are this far down in the rankings? They are playing for their season this week in New Orleans.
20. Jacksonville Jaguars - (21 - last week)
They come off their bye with a road game at Chicago and a division that's wide open. When does the offense get it going?
21. New York Giants - (18 - last week)
They're back home this week after two brutal prime-time road games against the Vikings and Packers. They spent a lot of money in free agency to be 2-3.
22. Indianapolis Colts - (23 - last week)
In a bad division, they are far from done. That doesn't mean they are a team without issues. It's a big one with Houston this week.
23. New Orleans Saints - (24 - last week)
They come off their bye with a division game against the Panthers. Neither team can afford a loss with Atlanta playing so well.
24. Detroit Lions - (27 - last week)
Now 2-3, that just might have been a season-saving victory against the Eagles. Can they build on it?
25. Tennessee Titans - (28 - last week)
The Titans are alot better than their record shows and they have had some tough breaks so far. Good win last week and here comes the Browns this week.
26. Tampa Bay Bucs - (29 - last week)
That was a big victory at Carolina heading to the bye. Now they need to get many of the injured back.
27. New York Jets - (22 - last week)
There sure aren't people talking up coach Todd Bowles now. A 1-4, their season is going bad quickly.
28. San Francisco 49ers - (25 - last week)
Colin Kaepernick returns as the starter this week, so we will see if he is the shot in the arm the offense needs.
29. Chicago Bears - (26 - last week)
So now it's Brian Hoyer who should start over Jay Cutler? Wasn't that Josh McCown a few years ago? When will the Bears learn?
30. San Diego Chargers - (30 - last week)
Mike McCoy look finished. They just keep blowing leads.
31. Miami Dolphins - (29 - last week)
This is a team in need of a talent overhaul. They just don't have enough of it.
32. Cleveland Browns - (32 - last week)
What is it with all the quarterbacks getting hurt? Can one team be this snake-bitten?