Today I reveal my weekly NFL power rankings heading into week 7 of the 2016 season. I will take into account everything I know about these teams, and give heavy consideration to what was displayed on the field so far this season. This gives an accurate assessment of where teams are at in my opinion.
This Week's Rankings
1. Minnesota Vikings - (1 - last week)
Vikings are undefeated coming off of a bye and are looking to continue their dominant start to the season with that defense.
2. New England Patriots - (3 last week)
Tom Brady led teh Pats on a hell of 2nd half flurry against the Bengals. The game was very much in doubt in the first half, and the Pats dominated down the stretch.
3. Dallas Cowboys - (7 - last week)
Dak Prescott has earned himself the starting QB job in Dallas and there is no reason for him to be replaced when Romo returns. Huge win in Green Bay.
4. Seattle Seahawks - (9 - last week)
The Seahawks pulled out a tough gritty win at home against the the 1st place Falcons and it took everything they had. This was a great game and neither team is a fraud. Big win.
5. Atlanta Falcons - (5 - last week)
The Falcons could easily be 5-1 after the tough lost in Seattle. The non call on the pass interference may affect home field down the road.
6. Denver Broncos - (2 Last week)
The Broncos have now lost two in a row and the offense is struggling. No shame in a division lost in San Diego, but the real problem is the teams inconsistencies.
7. Green Bay Packers - (4 - last week)
The Packers lost at home to the Cowboys and all anybody is talking about is what is wrong with Aaron Rodgers. He has missed a lot of plays were are used to him making.
8. Washington Redskins - (11 - last week)
They've won four straight games to put their slow start in the rear-view mirror. You have to give Jay Gruden credit for leading his team back into contention.
9. Buffalo Bills - (13 - last week)
Four straight for the Bills and Shady McCoy running wild is making everyone who criticized Rex for firing his Offensive coordinator look silly. Shady is looking like an MVP.
10. Pittsburgh Steelers - (6 - last week)
What a stinker in Miami. Clearly they took the Dolphins lightly and they paid for it. To add to their debacle, Big Ben went down with a knee injury and will miss some time. Red Flag.
11. Houston Texans - (16 - last week)
That Brock Osweiler deal isn't looking so good. They were lucky to escape against the Colts with a win. Now they face his former team in Denver this week.
12. Kansas City Chiefs - (14 - last week)
They came off the bye in impressive fashion by beating the Raiders. The running game was impressive.
13. Oakland Raiders - (10 - last week)
They have major defensive issues and now face a long road trip to Jacksonville. They can't stop anybody.
14. Philadelphia Eagles - (8 - last week)
They've lost two consecutive games on the road, and the defense hasn't looked good. Getting back home to face the Vikings won't be easy.
15. Arizona Cardinals - (18 - last week)
They looked good beating the Jets, but now they face a big division battle with the rival Seahawks. Are they ready for that?
16. Baltimore Ravens - (12 - last week)
Three consecutive losses have them at .500. They've had a ton of injuries an some poor coaching decisions. Team could easily be 6-0, r 5-1 at worst.
17. Detroit Lions - (24 - last week)
With a home game this week against the Redskins, they have a chance to get over .500. Matthew Stafford is playing well.
18. Jacksonville Jaguars - (21 - last week)
That victory at Chicago could be the thing to get this team going. The offense needs to open up.
19. New York Giants - (21 - last week)
They got Odell Beckham Jr. going against the Ravens, and that could get them going on offense. They have a long road trip to Los Angeles to play the Rams.
20. New Orleans Saints - (23 - last week)
They've won two consecutive games to get to 2-3. In their division, they still have a shot to win it.
21. Los Angeles Rams - (15 - last week)
They have lost two straight to fall to 3-3 and put that fast start seemingly way in the past. Injuries have hurt.
22. Tennessee Titans - (25 - last week)
At 3-3, they are in the thick of their division race with a big one this week with the Colts. The running game has been good.
23. Cincinnati Bengals - (17 - last week)
They just don't look like a playoff team. At 2-4, they have major problems, and they could get worst if Burfict is suspended.
24. Miami Dolphins - (31 - last week)
They showed some life against the Steelers, and also a nice running game. Now comes a tough division game with Buffalo.
25. Carolina Panthers - (19 - last week)
At 1-5, they are damn near done. This season is a disaster. Even getting Cam Newton back couldn't provide a victory.
26. Indianapolis Colts - (23 - last week)
Blowing that victory at Houston will come back to hurt this team in the long run. Now they face another division road game at Tennessee.
27. San Diego Chargers - (30 - last week)
They looked good against the Broncos to get to 2-4. But they face a tough road trip to Atlanta this week.
28. Tampa Bay Bucs - (26 - last week)
They come off the bye week with a long road trip to San Francisco. That's winnable for sure.
29. San Francisco 49ers - (28 - last week)
The change to Colin Kaepernick at quarterback didn't exactly pay off. But he sure wasn't worse than Blaine Gabbert.
30. Chicago Bears - (29 - last week)
This is going to be a long season. For all the talk about Brian Hoyer, he scored 16 points. Oh, boy.
31. New York Jets - (27 - last week)
Is it time to sit Ryan Fitzpatrick down? It's getting to that point.
32. Cleveland Browns - (32 - last week)
They are still fighting, which is a good sign. Cody Kessler did some good things against the Titans.