Today I reveal my weekly NFL power rankings heading into week 9 of the 2016 season. I will take into account everything I know about these teams, and give heavy consideration to what was displayed on the field so far this season. This gives an accurate assessment of where teams are at in my opinion.
This Week's Rankings
1. New England Patriots - (1 last week)
It's hard to believe but Tom Brady is as good as he's ever been. They are the class of this league.
2. Dallas Cowboys - (2 - last week)
At 6-1, they almost have to stay with Dak Prescott now. He showed some magic late against the Eagles.
3. Denver Broncos - (5 Last week)
It must be nice to have that defense to not only defend but score like they did against the Chargers. They face that big one this week with Oakland.
4. Atlanta Falcons - (6 - last week)
That was a much-needed victory against the Packers to break a two-game losing streak. Matt Ryan came up big on the winning drive.
5. Oakland Raiders - (8 - last week)
Derek Carr was special at Tampa Bay. Now he has to try to replicate that against that Denver defense.
6. Green Bay Packers - (5 - last week)
They've had a ton of injuries that really showed up on defense in the loss to the Falcons. At least the offense showed some life.
7. Kansas City Chiefs - (10 - last week)
After their bye, they are 3-0. Andy Reid knows how to use that week to fix his team.
8. Minnesota Vikings - (3 - last week)
Their offensive line is killing this team. Can it be fixed to turn it around after two bad losses?
9. Seattle Seahawks - (9 - last week)
They just can't get anything going on offense. They have one offensive touchdown the past two games.
10. Washington Redskins - (8 - last week)
Tying Cincinnati in London might actually help them in the long run. They are off this week.
11. Houston Texans - (11 - last week)
They head to their bye in first place in the division at 5-3, but do we really know how good they are right now? They are undefeated at home.
12. Philadelphia Eagles - (8 - last week)
At some point, they have to get the ball down the field in the passing game. Or it will show up every week like it did last week at Dallas.
13. Pittsburgh Steelers - (10 - last week)
They might be getting back Ben Roethlisberger sooner than expected coming out of their bye. Without him, they are ordinary.
14. New York Giants - (19 - last week)
At 4-3, they come out of their bye in the mix in the NFC East. And they really haven't looked all that great yet either.
15. New Orleans Saints - (17 - last week)
That might have been a must-win against Seattle last Sunday. Now they have a long road trip to San Francisco.
16. Buffalo Bills - (12 - last week)
All the playoff talk has quieted with two consecutive losses. Now comes a brutal trip to Seattle for a Monday night game.
17. Detroit Lions - (16 - last week)
All that momentum they seemed to be building went away with the loss to the Texans. Now they have to get back on track against the Vikings.
18. Tennessee Titans - (22 - last week)
At 4-4, the "Exotic Smashmouth" style has them in the playoff race. Can you believe it? Yes I can!!!
19. Miami Dolphins - (24 - last week)
Coming out of their bye, they have a soft part of this schedule the next five weeks. They can get on a roll.
20. Baltimore Ravens - (15 - last week)
They lost four straight before their bye last week and just don't look good. Can they turn it around?
21. Arizona Cardinals - (18 - last week)
What has happened to this team? They aren't playing terrible football, but they head to the bye at 3-4-1.
22. Cincinnati Bengals - (19 - last week)
Their defense, which had been a team strength, just isn't good right now. Kirk Cousins carved it to shreds.
23. New York Jets - (27 - last week)
Winning on the road against the Browns wasn't easy, but nothing is with this team. Now comes a division game at Miami against the Dolphins.
24. Los Angeles Rams - (21 - last week)
Will they ever make the quarterback change to Jared Goff? Throw him in there.
25. Carolina Panthers - (19 - last week)
The Panthers we saw last week against the Cardinals is the team we expected to see this season. Can they turn it all the way around?
26. San Diego Chargers - (30 - last week)
They are the best 3-5 team in the league. In that tough division, that might not give them a playoff chance.
27. Chicago Bears - (29 - last week)
That was a nice victory over the Vikings. Is there any doubt now about Jay Cutler as the starter?
28. Indianapolis Colts - (23 - last week)
They are 3-5 and just haven't had a chance to build any momentum. There are too many holes on the roster.
29. Jacksonville Jaguars - (18 - last week)
Will firing offensive coordinator Greg Olson do anything to get this team going? Gus Bradley has to know it's over -- barring a miracle
30. Tampa Bay Bucs - (26 - last week)
They just don't have the talent on defense to compete every week, especially against good offenses. Here comes Atlanta and that explosive unit.
31. San Francisco 49ers - (28 - last week)
This is a team that is playing for the future. But how many of these players will be included in that future?
32. Cleveland Browns - (32 - last week)
Every week they fight until the end in games. At some point, that will get them a victory.