WWE RAW Reaction - AJ and Cena Shooting
Check out my great, good, bad, and pathetic from last night's RAW.
- The promo between John Cena and AJ Styles was phenomenal. Probably was AJ's best ever. He was clear, timing was great and he had great emotion. Cena is Cena and can always make it work. I loved how Styles said that after people lose to Cena they get buried. That really hit home and makes me think that he's beating Cena and will separate himself as a main event-er. Clearly they will be split up when the draft comes and they wanted to do the match now.
- The Video Packages for Seth Rollins and Roman Reigns building up their title match were sensational. Great great stuff, and it did more to make me want to see them wrestle than any boring 20 minute verbal debate could. So glad they held them off the show as well.
- The WWE did an excellent job honoring Muhammad Ali all night long. They didn't just do one video package and move on. They used the whole night to show tweets and kind words, and then did great video package later. Ali played a huge role in the history of wrestling and this was well done. Check out my Ali story here.
- While the talking was not the best and everyone sitting on ladders was completely contrived, I thought the build to the MITB ladder match was pretty good overall. They had few good matches, but nothing great.
- Lana and Rusev are great, no doubt. But its a shame Rusev is in a program with Titus O'Neal and now Jack Swagger, AGAIN!!
- The Club defeated The New Day in a handicap match, but it was way too short to be anything special. These six can will have a great match soon.
- As many of you know, I really don't like Stephanie McMahon. Tonight was more of her usual leg cutting. And this week they fed her Teddy.
- Why did Alberto Del Rio basically squash Sami Zayn?
- I really don't get what they are doing with the women. Charlotte had her legs cut by Stephanie last week and is basically just an afterthought now without Ric in her corner. This whole Dana Brooke experiment is a "bust", and the most talented woman is not even on TV. That's right, WE WANT SASHA!!!!!!
Nothing was really pathetic this week.