WWE RAW Reaction - Reign's Still THE Guy
Check out my great, good, bad, and pathetic from last night's RAW.
- I really liked the wedding reception with Rusev and Lana. Man is Lana stunning or what. Damn. Rusev is a lucky man for real. Reigns fits into this role so much better, but its so clear that they still are pushing him as though he's the top star on the show. And don't get me wrong, as long as its getting over, I don't mind. But I worry that he will be positioned even better than the guys fighting for the new Universal title. He sure was tonight. Anyway, the cake smashing was classic, predictable, but great non the less.
- I loved the video packages tonight. The one hyping Lesnar vs Orton was tremendous. Brock is so great as a heel who doesn't give a shit. He basically just tells the truth. he said, Orton is just another guy, and not on the level of Brock. I loved it.
- The other great video package was of Finn Balor who was simply fantastic explaining the origins of his name and what he stands for. And he let us know that at Summerslam we will see the Demon. Great job building the main roster debut of his alter ego at Summerslam.
- Enzo and Cass got a huge pop coming out and they continue to be one of hottest acts in the company. Enzo can say anything and it will get over, but some of the material they had to work with when bantering with Jericho and Owens was pretty bad. But these four overall were good.
- Cesaro pulled double duty tonight and had two good matches. I am sick and tired of him facing Sheamus and am pissed that the feud must continue. Cesaro deserves so much more and I thought for sure Foley and Bryan were about to make a trade. But nothing. Smh.
- Anderson and Gallows were pretty damn entertaining with their sophomoric humor. I thought it was great how they are playing up the injury to Big E, and how he won't be in the tag tote match. This should lead to the New Day losing the titles at Summerslam and Big E returning to help them recapture them down the road.
- You know I love Sasha Banks, but they book her terribly sometimes. Smh. Why the hell must she keep getting put in the ring with sorry ass Dana Brook. It was terrible!!! And she looked dumb for asking for a handicap match at Summerslam. Just stupid.
- That Seth Rollins in ring promo was soo boring and sooo bad. Damn. The guy just goes on and on and his voice so annoying. Terrible.
- There has to be a better way to utilize Darren Young and Titus O'Neal. I mean, really, there has to be.
- Sin Cara should just quit. He sucks.
Rollins vs Balor should be the main focus of these shows heading to Summerslam, since it is for the main title. But like we have seen so many times before, when Vince doesn't believe an act should be a s big as others think it is, he overshadows it and elevates what he likes. Sure, Finn is not ideally what Vince would look for from his top star. He is not huge or the most charismatic guy ever, but he has a charm that connects and can work his ass off. I liked the pre-taped promo tonight, but clearly he's not trusted yet. I thought the Rollins promo sucked and really was way too long and way to whiny. That is not how you build to a great title match. They have one more week to get it right.